1. What specific development in Hunan Province reinforced Mao’s strong beliefs about the peasantry as a radical force? The particular development is Peasant Movement in 1927. During this twelvemonth. the peasant associations are acquiring more and more. the figure of people who was leaded by these peasant associations was increasing at an astonishing velocity. Then Hunan state happened a large provincial motion that against local autocrats and evil aristocracy. feudal idea and system. In this motion. many local autocrats and evil aristocracy were “destroyed” . This large event reinforced Mao thinks the peasant motion will raise like a mighty storm. They will destruct all the imperialists. warlords. corrupt functionaries. local autocrats and evil aristocracy. They will play an of import function in China’s radical war.
2. What unfavorable judgments have been made of the Hunan peasant motion. and how does Mao effort to counter these unfavorable judgments? Middle of the roaders thinks peasant associations are necessary. but they are traveling instead excessively far and transcending the proper bounds in compensating a incorrect. Mao mentioned that the local autocrat. evil aristocracy and lawless landlords have themselves driven the provincials to this. They have used their power to tyrannise over the provincials and tread them underfoot. This is why the provincials have reacted so strongly. He besides said a revolution is non a dinner party. It is an rebellion. an act of force by which one category overthrows another. A rural revolution is a revolution by which the peasantry overthrows the power of the feudal landlord category. Without utilizing the greatest force. the provincials can non subvert the deep-seated authorization of the landlords which has lasted for 1000s of old ages.
3. What can be learned from these two Hagiographas about Mao’s positions of the function of the Communist Party in China’s radical battle? Communist Party should be the leader of China’s radical war. The radical war can be winning because it is led by the Communist party and supported by the peasantry. The ruddy ground forces is little though. but has great contending capacity. because its work forces under the leading of the Communist Party have sprung from the agricultural revolution and are contending for their ain involvements. and because officers and work forces are politically united.
4. Harmonizing to Mao. what have been the beginnings of subjugation of the Chinese people? Once these beginnings of subjugation are removed. what will China look like? Basically there are three systems oppress Chinese people. 1 ) The province system. runing from the national. provincial and state authorities down to that of the township. 2 ) The kin system. runing from the cardinal hereditary temple and its subdivision temples down to the caput of the house-hold. 3 ) The supernatural system. besides called spiritual authorization. runing from the male monarch of snake pit down to the town and small town Gods belonging to the nether universe. and from the Emperor of Heaven down to all the assorted Gods and liquors belonging to the heavenly universe. 4 ) Masculine. adult females are dominated by the work forces. The four midst ropes are the incarnation of the whole Feudal-patriarchal system and political orientation. If these beginnings of subjugation are removed. the peasant motion will lift bit by bit in China. The adult female in many topographic points will form rural women’s associations. The whole feudal patriarchal system and political orientation will be destroyed. The provincials will go more and more powerful.
5. Harmonizing to Mao. what are the four alone features of China’s radical war. and how do the affect Mao’s military scheme? He thinks there are four features. 1 ) China is a huge semi-colonial state which is unevenly developed both politically and economically. 2 ) The great strength of Guomindang. They are the enemy of the ruddy ground forces. It is a party that has seized political power and has comparatively stabilized it. It has gained the support of the chief counter-revolutionary states in the universe. 3 ) The Red Army s weak and little. The radical bases embrace merely rural territories and little towns. 4 ) The Communist Party’s leading and the agricultural revolution. The radical war can be winning because it is led by the Communist Party and supported by the peasantry. Mao thinks the military scheme of imperialist states is unsuitable for China. China is different from these states. Under the motto of safeguarding the radical base countries and safeguarding China. we can unify the bulk of the people to contend single-mindedly. Mao besides believes the Communist Party should perfectly take the ground forces. spread out Party’s ain armed force.
6. What are the features of Mao’s “active defense” as opposed to “passive defense” ? The active defence is active expand the power of Red Army. When the Red Army surpasses the enemy in strength. there will no longer be any usage for strategic defensive in general. Then the lone directive will be strategic violative. The inactive defence is a defensive that until a run of “encirclement and annihilation” is smashed. and so it instantly begins as an violative.
7. How do Mao’s thoughts about revolution resemble and differ from those of Marx? From my apprehension. I think Mao’s thoughts about revolution are the sequence and development of Marxism. It is more suited for China’s state of affairs. They both believe in category battle battle. Communism and the lead of the working category in revolution. but Marx think socialism should be based on sound capitalist economy. the socialism revolution merely happens in those states who has sound capitalist economy system. Mao’s radical thoughts are to the full based on China’s national state of affairs. He thinks the socialism revolution will besides go on in semi-colonial state like China itself.
In Russia. the revolution was happened in large metropoliss that have many workers. Their revolution line is metropolis influences the countryside. The radical power of metropolis surrounded the countryside. In China. the revolution power in countryside. because the countryside country has many provincial. And besides the development of China’s capitalist economy is really hebdomad. so the on the job category would non be powerful comparison with the peasant category.