Analyze the manner Shakespeare presents the relationship between Romeo and Rosaline and Romeo and Juliet in the early parts of the drama.
* One of the most the most tragic love narratives.
* Romeo portrayed as the quintessential hero
* Romeo characterised as immature adult male transformed by love ( upon closer analysis ) * This can be seen in Romeo’s initial involvement in Rosaline. which is superficial and inactive in comparing to the more complex and active relationship he develops with Juliet. * Shakespeare employs a diverse usage of elaborate linguistic communication and literary techniques to exemplify this Paragraph 1
* Rosaline: Romeo’s compulsion. Belief of echt love but unanswered ( quotation mark ) * Hyperbolic linguistic communication ( quotation mark )
* Use of oxymoron’s – province of head. convulsion ( quotation mark )
* Confusion stems from rejection
* Love is elating. non basking his experience – metaphor ( quotation mark ) Paragraph 2
* Convinced love is madness ( quotation mark )
* Love has made him lose himself ( quotation mark )
* Discovers love is ineffectual – Rosaline determined to remain chaste. ( quotation mark ) * Aesthete side is revealed when depicting her. focal point on Rosaline’s physical beauty and attraction. Paragraph 3:
* Military linguistic communication – love is a battleground ( quotation mark )
* Language associating to decease – concentrating on aesthetics/ chief subject of drama * As if Juliet already knows destiny ( quotation mark )
* Light imagination – prevailing characteristic ( quotation mark )
* Despite Romeo’s great declarations of love for Rosaline. his feelings are really fliting. as shown by his behavior when he spies immature Juliet. ( quotation mark ) He is smitten at first sight. * Contrast of light and dark ( quotation mark )
* Romeo’s usage of spiritual imagination – comparing run intoing Juliet to religious
experience ( quotation mark ) * Convinced that one buss will unclutter him of his wickednesss ( quotation mark ) * Religious imagination – sees Juliet as a divinity or a descendent from Eden ( quotation mark ) – more light imagination * Reference to clip – ( quotation mark ) implies that Juliet feels the clip is longer than it is before she following sees Romeo Decision:
* Different linguistic communication used by Romeo for Rosaline and Juliet * Rosaline’s darkness opposed to Juliet’s visible radiation ( quotation mark ) * Loses individuality merely like with Rosaline ( quotation mark )
* Large sum of scriptural allusions used
* Explanation of destiny ( quotation mark )
* Romeo relationship with Juliet more of import than Rosaline – immediately forgotten ( quotation mark ) * Not really in love but with the construct of love.
Paragraph 1| Paragraph 2| Paragraph 3| Paragraph 4| Paragraph 5| conclusion| Out of her favor. where I am in love| It is madness. most discreet| She will non be hit with cupid arrowAssailing. siege| It is the E and Juliet is the sunTwo of the fairest stars in heaven| Saints. pilgrim. sanctum. supplication. shrine| Arise carnival Sun and kill the covetous moon| O wrangling love O loving hate| Tut. I have lost myself. I am non here. This is non Romeo. he’s some other where. |
She is rich in beauty. merely hapless. That. when she dies. with beauty dies her store| Beauty excessively rich for usage. for Earth excessively beloved! | Therefore from my lips by thine wickedness is purged| I know non how to state thee who I am| Feather of leadBright smokeCold fireSick health| she hath Dians humor. and. in strong cogent evidence of celibacy good armed| My grave is like to be my marrying bed| As a rich gem in an Ethiops ear. So shows a white dove parading with crows. | Bright angel Winged courier of heaven| Star crossed lovers take their life| Love is a fume made with the smoke of sighs| | | | I will non neglect ; tis’ twenty old ages till then| Did my bosom love boulder clay now? |
Although. nevertheless. to get down with. despite. in add-on to this. where as. contradictorily. in decision. paradoxically. however. to sum up.
This suggests. this demonstrates/portrays. moreover. perchance. doubtless. arguably. indisputably. unimpeachably. undeniably. instead. once and for all. this signifies. this could stand for.
On the other manus. likewise. likewise. in the same manner. every bit. it could be argued.
Consequently. as a consequence. therefore. therefore. obviously. later. ironically. hence. of course.